I might be a bit late in writing about this but... walked into H&M yesterday and was very pleased with their summer collection modeled by impossibly gorgeous Doutzen Kroes. Rocker tees, cropped jackets, heavy knitting and... denim skirts!? I dig the haphazard sexiness and simplicity.
My choice? This patterned blouse. Only $14.95 and meets my daywear-resembles-sleepwear needs.
Summer officially settled in last week and things have gotten pretty cozy here in San Diego. I love waking up to an open window, drinking loads of iced coffee, and having the satisfaction of getting out of the office with 3+ hours of sunlight to still enjoy. As for my clothing, things and getting lighter in color and in fabric, trying to keep garment count down to a minimum.
These are some snaps I've kept on my desktop as of late due to the following specific reasons:
1. Black & white, a reoccurring thing for me. Plus a pop of color on the lips to keep things interesting. 2. My favorite accessories to all black outfit: a perfect tan and gold jewelry. Ok and maybe a tiny Chanel Boy Bag too.
3. Elin Kling's sandals are minimal and sleek, perfectly tying together her perfectly unkept look. Refreshing.
4. Black, more pops of color, and taking a lesson from Candice Lake on how to bare a bit of tummy.
5. More of Candice's midriff, monochrome ensembles, and those rings that I still haven't gotten over.
6. Perfect denim cut-offs. Currently on the lookout for a pair to call my own.
Photos via TommyTon, Phil Oh, Rumi Neely, and Elin Kling.
What I'm craving now that the weather has been shifting towards spring.
1. Jeans jeans jeans. Not stretchy-legging jeans, I want 100% cotton or as close to it as I can get. I have a perfect pair of black skinny Adriano Goldschmieds that are 98% cotton, and I've been wearing them religiously for the past 3 years. They faded to a perfect washed-out shade for a while, but their days are soon coming to an end and I'm on a hunt for something new. If you have recommendations, let me know.
2. Pointed-toe stilettos. More specifically, the "Agnes" cigarette heels from Jimmy Choo in black suede. Paired with the rolled-up skinnies... oh my. The Alexander Wang "Liya" pumps are my runners-up.
3. A ring for every finger. I usually lean towards barely-there silver jewelry, but the Balenciaga knuckle dusters are insane and make me feel a certain way that jewelry rarely ever does.
I know I might be a bit late in posting about this, but the more I look at H&M's spring 2013 collection, the more I swoon. Of course I'm in no hurry to get to spring, what with this 55 degree "winter" and all, but I will definitely be looking forward to this.
A heavy influence from both Isabel Marant and Balmain is pretty clear, and the collection leans towards my preferred style of casual yet sophisticated. At the top of my list are the cream-colored embroidered jeans, the black embossed-leather jacket & skirt set... and maybe the loose red suit. Just hoping that H&M at Fashion Valley will be carrying these, since driving up to South Coast Plaza will require some real dedication.